At WCCC’s After School Program, our mantra is simple: let kids be kids. We strive to enrich the educational, recreational, and social experiences of school-age children by providing a supportive environment where they can learn through play. We encourage children to explore the world around them, to challenge themselves, to create and imagine, and to have fun. We believe that children need a balance in their after school hours. Time to relax, time to play, time for homework, and time for special activities are all part of the daily schedule at each of our our sites.
We provide care for kindergarten through fifth grade children enrolled in the Wellesley Public Schools. We are open until 6 p.m. during the school year. During February and April vacation weeks, we are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. We follow the Wellesley school calendar for holiday closings, snow days, winter and summer vacations. We also accommodate Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Good Friday, Wednesday early release days, and Parent Conference early release days.
- Bates K-2nd: serves kindergarten, first, and second graders from Bates, Hunnewell, and Upham
- Fiske K-5th: serves kindergarten through fifth graders from Fiske
- Hardy K-5th: serves kindergarten through fifth graders from Hardy
- Schofield K-5th: serves kindergarten through fifth grader from Schofield
- Sprague K-3rd: serves kindergarten through third graders from Sprague
- Upham 3rd-5th: serves third, fourth, and fifth graders from Bates, Hunnewell, and Upham, plus fourth and fifth graders from Sprague