Build a bird feeder out of supplies that many families have lying around the house!
- Craft/popsicle sticks or knife
- Toilet paper rolls
- Twine or string
- Peanut butter, Sun butter or Soy butter
- Bird seed or bird-friendly alternatives (below are some ideas)
- Rolled or quick oats
- Unsalted and raw, crushed peanuts, pecans, or walnuts
- Both dry and wet food for cats and dogs is thought to be a healthy food source for birds
Using a utensil or popsicle stick, cover the outside of the toilet paper roll with peanut butter, sun butter or soy butter.
Roll the butter covered toilet paper roll in the bird seed or one of the alternatives until covered.
Thread a piece of twine through the toilet paper roll and knot.
Hang where birds can enjoy.
Activity by Karen McVay, Sprague Site
Photo Credit & Inspiration: www.theresourcefulmama.com