Make a harmonica out of simple supplies!
- 3 rubber bands: 1 wide, 2 small
- 2 popsicle sticks
- 2 pieces of sturdy paper ¾” wide by 2 ¼“ long
- Scotch tape
- Lay one stick on top of the other with the paper strips spaced like in the photo below.
- Fold over each piece of paper.
- Secure paper with a little tape. Note: tape should not touch the sticks at all.
- Carefully slip out the bottom stick.
- Stretch the longer rubber band around the length of the top stick.
- Place the bottom stick directly under it and secure them both with the two smaller rubber bands.
- Done! Blow and make some music!
Activity by Karen McVay, Sprague Site
Photo Credit & Inspiration: www.mayamade.blogspot.com