Use your imagination to create a majestic magical garden!
- Something to contain your garden such as an old plastic container (tupperware, recycled food containers) or spare terra cotta pot
- Any random craft materials including (but not limited to):
- Recycled yogurt container or tissue box
- Marbles, beads, plastic jewels
- Popsicle sticks
- Scraps of cardboard or fabric
- Pipe Cleaners
- Tacky Glue
- Outdoor materials:
- Soil or Dirt
- Small Sticks, Leaves
- Small stones
- Moss, Flower petals
- Your imagination!
These directions are just suggestions, feel free to make it however you like!
- Use your plastic container as your base and fill it with some dirt or soil as your base.
- Create a house for your fairy using a recycled yogurt container. Cut out a little rectangle as the door. You could also build a small house out of popsicle sticks or glue popsicle sticks to a tissue box.
- Decorate your house with gems, buttons, and markers
- You can then add a walkway with marbles or stones. Use the popsicle sticks for a fence instead.
- Make a welcome sign out of cardboard, attach it to a small stick, and set it in your dirt.
- Create the garden portion using moss or leaves as your greenery and petals for flowers.
- Of course you could also build a tiny table and chairs or stick feathers into the dirt for some texture and color.
- The options are endless, use your own creativity!
Activity by Nicole Little, Floating Teacher
Photo Credit & Inspiration: www.livingwellmom.com