Become a scientist and create your own erupting volcano at home! Watch as it erupts and fizzes away!
- Baking soda
- Food coloring
- Dish soap
- Plate or bowl
- Have an adult help cut some lemons in half. Place one half of a lemon onto a plate or bowl.
- Take your fork and poke the top of the lemon in different sections. This will help create the volcano eruption.
- Next, take your food coloring and place droplets around the top of the lemon. Use different colors in different sections if you want a colorful volcano or just use one color!
- Add some dish soap across the top of the lemon. Then sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on top! Use your fork again to get the baking soda down into the rest of the lemon.
- Now watch as your lemon volcano erupts! Want a bigger reaction? Take the other half of the lemon and squeeze the juice onto the volcano.
Activity by Kelly Moy, Schofield Site
Photo Credit & Inspiration: www.littlebinsforlittlehands.com