- Colored paper (or you can color white paper using crayons, markers, or paint)
- Glue (we recommend glue sticks but any glue will work)
- Use a dark sheet of paper for the background.
- Cut out crazy shapes to create your self portrait. You may decide to draw shapes with pencil first or cut out your shapes freestyle.
- Think about the shapes of certain facial features before you cut. The more abstract the better!
- Lay your shapes on your paper to form your self portrait how you like!
- You can experiment with frontal (from the front) and profile (from the side) perspectives.
- Next glue your shapes on the paper. Have fun layering colored shapes on top of each other.
- “Check out the new YOU!”
Below is an example by my friend Heather Wilson. She did her whole family 😊 !
Activity by Rachel Jong, Hardy Site