Follow along with Rachel as she shows how to make rainbow bubble snakes!
- A plastic bottle
- An old sock that you don’t mind cutting
- Duct tape and/or a rubber band
- Dish soap
- A low bowl for your bubble liquid
- Food coloring (optional)
- Ask an adult for help cutting off the bottom of your plastic bottle.
- Take an old sock (you may need to cut it a little bit to fit it over your bottle) and put it over the cut bottom of your bottle.
- Duct tape the sock to your bottle. This needs to be secure! You might even want to ‘double-up’ and add a rubber band too.
- Make your bubble juice by putting some dish soap in a bowl and adding just a little bit of water – you want it more soap-y than water-y.
- Dip the sock attached to your bottle into the bubble juice.
- Blow out of the bottle using the mouthpiece (don’t suck in, or the bubbles will go in your mouth!) and watch your bubble snake grow
- Want to make your snake colorful? Ask an adult to put a few drops of food coloring on your sock!
Activity by Rachel Jong, Hardy Site