Make your toy a skydiver!
- Tissue Paper or Plastic Bag
- Hole Punch
- Small non-breakable action figure, small block, or piece of clay to attach to parachute
- Place to drop parachutes, staircase balcony, structure, etc.
- Cut out tissue paper or plastic bags into 12” x 12” square.
- Use your tape to cover the corners, adding an extra layer of protection to the tissue paper or plastic. Then hole punch your four corners.
- Cut your twine into four (4) 12 inch pieces, tie each one onto one of the four corners of the tissue paper or plastic bag, do not do anything with the loose ends yet.
- Fold your tissue paper or plastic bag into fourths, so that all the hole punched corners are on top of each other.
- Take the loose ends of twine and tie them altogether. Then attach your action figure or other item with tape or tying tightly with the twine.
- Using your scissors (your parachute should still be folded in fourths), hold it by the corner with the hole punches and the corner opposite of that one. Cut the corner opposite the one with hole punches. This will create a hole in the center of your parachute
- Go to your launch spot and release your parachute!
Activity by Amanda Cardinal, Upham Site
Photo Credit & Inspiration: www.sciencebuddies.org