Ice painting is a fun way to do some water color painting! All it takes is some simple household items!
An ice tray
1 tablespoon of flour
- First fill up the ice tray with water and then pour it into a bowl. This will help with measuring the correct amount of water.
- Mix in the 1 tablespoon of flour into the bowl of water. The flour will help make the paint not be too watery. Mix the flower in until it has dissolved.
- Once the flour has been mixed, have an adult help with pouring the water back into the ice tray. Make sure it is evenly distributed throughout the ice tray.
- Start to add food coloring of your choice to each of the ice slots. Use 1 drop per slot. A little goes a long way! You can make them all different colors! Mix some of the food coloring to make more than just the standard colors. Mix the food coloring and water with a toothpick. Keep stirring until the coloring is mixed in.
- Put the ice tray into the freezer to let it freeze for a little bit. Check up on it to see when it has begun to freeze. Once it has a frozen layer on the top, add the popsicle sticks. Adding them now will help the sticks stay up.
- Put the ice tray back into the freezer and wait a few more hours for them to freeze completely!
- Once frozen completely, take them out and let them sit for about 5 minutes prior to using them. Twist the ice tray to take them out and paint away!
Activity by Kelly Moy, Schofield Site
Photo Credit: www.strathpinechildcare.com.au