Early Childhood Teacher
The Wellesley Community Children’s Center’s (WCCC) Early Childhood Program seeks new staff members to join our teaching community. Known for teacher longevity and high program quality (currently a QRIS Level 3 and seeking Level 4), the center is located on the picturesque campus of Wellesley College. Founded in 1971, WCCC is a non-profit program run by a board of directors comprised of parents, teachers and members of the community. Our families are members of the Wellesley, Babson, and Olin College and surrounding Wellesley communities. At the Early Childhood program, we care for and teach 90 infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
WCCC is well known for its caring, committed and talented professional staff and boasts a remarkably high teacher retention rate. With our emergent curriculum model, we create innovative, dynamic, safe and nurturing classroom communities. In the fall of 2021, we will launch a Preschool Nature Classroom; children in this group will spend three hours of their school day outside exploring the Wellesley College campus and nearby forests and trails.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Are passionate about teaching young children
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills
- Possess patience, empathy and a supportive attitude toward children and their families
- Are flexible and able to adapt to program and schedule changes
- Can create and implement emergent curriculum
- Work well as a part of a team
Job Responsibilities include:
- Classroom supervision and management
- Observation and assessment of young children
- Curriculum planning
- Design and upkeep of the classroom environment
- Strong writing skills—conference reports, parent communication and newsletters
- Supervision and training of assistant teachers
- Creating and implementing a Personal Professional Development Plan
- Following cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Bachelors or Master’s degree preferred
- Meet EEC teacher or lead teacher requirements
- Have experience working with young children
- Must successfully pass a MA Background Records Check (CORI, SORI, DCF, and Fingerprinting)
- Must be physically able to perform the role of a teacher of young, active children
- WCCC values work-life balance. It is understood that teachers spend a great deal of time beyond the salaried classroom hours working on programming, consulting with families and charting children’s progress. In support of those efforts, our teachers typically work thirty hours in the classroom and receive five hours of paid planning time each week. Most teachers work shifts with children like 7:30-1:30, 8:00-2:00 or 12:00-6:00.
- Typically, days off include the week between Christmas and New Year’s and all legal holidays.
- Teachers receive twenty days of paid leave time to cover needed vacation or sick days. One additional vacation day is granted for each subsequent year of employment up to 26 days per school year.
- First year benefits include health (WCCC pays 85% of individual plan), dental and disability insurance. WCCC provides life insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Second year benefits include voluntary enrollment into a TIAA retirement plan where WCCC will match 5% of teacher contributions.
- WCCC has an Employee Assistance Program to support staff and their families with counseling as well as personal and financial needs.
- As members of the Wellesley College community, WCCC teachers have access to college facilities and programs.
- In addition to on-site trainings, first aid & CPR, WCCC provides professional development opportunities for teachers to meet EEC required professional development hours and will pay fees for staff to attend conferences and workshops.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and the needs of WCCC.
***We are currently interviewing for one toddler teacher and one floating teacher who will work with infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
Position Start Date: August 30, 2021
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Program
We are currently interviewing candidates for the following positions:
Site Coordinator Position (full time)
Combination Teacher (full time) Works at the After School Program in the afternoon and works some mornings at the Early Childhood Program.
After School Teacher (part time: 23 hours a week M-F)
If you wish to be considered for a position, please email the After School Program’s Director Shawn Thompson at email@example.com.
We will be hiring federal work study Wellesley College Students for Fall 2021.
If you wish to be considered for future positions please email the Early Childhood Program’s Assistant Director Paula Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Childhood Classroom Assistant
- Office Assistant
WCCC does not discriminate in providing services to children and their families, or in its employment practices, on the basis of race, religion, cultural heritage, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, sex, age, or marital status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and the needs of WCCC.