What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups of cornstarch
- 4-6 colors of food coloring
- 3 cups of water – use more or less depending on desired consistency of chalk
- 4-6 plastic bowls or a 6 cup muffin tin
- Paint brushes
What To Do:** this recipe can be made with smaller or larger amounts – just use equal parts cornstarch and water!
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the water to the cornstarch and mix well until clumps are gone
- Divide the mixture into equal amounts in either your bowls or muffin tin.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl creating your different colors – for a lighter pastel color add less food coloring.
- While painting the cornstarch may settle, use your paintbrush or a spoon to stir the mixture occasionally.
- This recipe is non toxic and washes away easily. It can be stored in jars with tight lids for a few days – just shake or stir well when you are ready to use again.