As we have begun the week of cooking and baking, have children put on their aprons, find their spoons, and mix up some fun! Cooking involves all of the senses and provides a meaningful way for children to use numerous skills. As you take part in our Cooking Challenge, remind children good health habits: washing hands, cleaning up, and making healthy choices.
It would be fun to make little ‘chef’ hats before children help cooking or baking with you. Below is how to make a quick chef hat. Also, added are two recipes for fruity and healthy homemade snack/dessert since the days are getting warmer.
- Tissue Paper (any color your child wants)
- Scrapbook paper (or any paper)
- Cut 1-2 inch thick strips of scrapbook paper.
- Measure around their head and tape the ends together, so it’s like a snug headband.
- Lay the tissue paper flat, then take each corner and tape it to the inside of the headband.
- Take the remaining parts of the tissue paper that are sticking out, and fold them in.
- Tape them to the inside of the headband so they’re secure.
- Fluff the inside so it puffs up like a Chef’s hat.