The Wellesley Community Children’s Center’s (WCCC) After School Program seeks qualified assistant teachers to staff a new kindergarten program!
WCCC is well known for its caring, committed and talented professional staff and boasts a remarkably high teacher retention rate. With our emergent curriculum model, we create innovative, dynamic, safe and nurturing classroom communities.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Are passionate about teaching
- Have knowledge of child development and prior experience working with kindergarten-age children
- Possess patience, warmth and empathy along with the appropriate enthusiasm and energy to work with young children
- Strive to partner with and support families
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills
- Are flexible and able to adapt to program and schedule changes
- Ideal candidates are able to switch between in-person and remote instruction as needed and are experienced with remote/hybrid learning and online platforms such as SeeSaw, Google Classroom, and Zoom.
- Work well as a part of a team
- Learn routines quickly and ask questions readily.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Classroom supervision and management. Interacts with, observes and extends learning concepts for young children, both indoors and outdoors.
- Upkeep of the classroom environment. With supervising teacher, organizes the set-up and clean-up of classroom areas, activities, and snack. Assists with cleaning and sanitizing materials and classroom spaces. Follows cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Attends training sessions, reads and understands written materials provided, asks questions of supervising teacher(s).
- Maintains a friendly, congenial relationship with staff, children and families.
- Must have a caring and compassionate personality
- Must have experience working with kindergarten-age children
- Must successfully pass a MA Background Records Check (CORI, SORI, DCF, and Fingerprinting)
- Must be physically able to perform the role of a teacher of young, active children
- Preferred: Meet EEC preschool teacher or lead teacher requirements
- Preferred: College-level coursework in early childhood education field, including child development. Possession of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and the needs of WCCC.